You have the right to the confidentiality related to treatment and it is my job to protect your privacy. The session content and all relevant materials to your treatment will be held confidential unless you request in writing to have information released. Additionally, it is important you are aware that limitations of confidentiality exist and are itemized below:
1. Danger to Self: If I believe that you are in imminent danger of harming yourself. For instance, if you threaten or attempt to commit suicide or otherwise conduct yourself in a manner in which there is a substantial risk of incurring serious bodily harm.
2. Harm to Others: If I have good reason to believe that you will harm another person.
3. Current Abuse of Vulnerable Persons: If I have reasonable suspicion that a you or other named victim is the perpetrator, observer of, or actual victim of physical, emotional or sexual abuse of children under the age of 18 years or an elderly person who may be subjected to these abuses.
4. Current Neglect of Vulnerable Persons: Suspected neglect of the parties named above.
5. Subpoena of Records: If a court of law issues a subpoena for information in your records.
If I have to put these into effect, you will be informed.